Best-Selling Author Jonathan Cahn Points to the Need for Revival
NEW YORK — Without revival, America and its future will be lost. Therefore, we have a window of time we may never have again.Most of us do not want to look at the negative, but few positive glimmers here and there give a false sense of security to what is really happening in our nation.
In January 2020, best-selling author of The Harbinger II: The Return, Jonathan Cahn spoke of 2020 as a year of ‘dark events.’ Now, he says, is the time we must return to God. Without revival, America is lost. But with revival, all things are possible.”
Cahn offers 11 facts that prove America is in deep trouble:
- When Ronald Reagan won his first election, the U.S. national debt was less than $1 trillion. When Barack Obama entered the White House, the debt sat at $10.6 trillion; when Republicans took control of the House of Representatives in 2010, it was about $14 trillion. We now have reached the $25 trillion mark—and climbing due to COVID-19 aid.
- In 1956, approximately 5% of all babies in the United States were born to unmarried mothers. Today, things have obviously changed tremendously; 2008 was the very first year in United States history when 40% of all babies were born to unmarried mothers. We stayed at that level for eight straight years.
- In the early 1970s, well over 60% of all Americans were considered to be “middle class,” but in 2015, that number dipped below 50% for the first time ever.
- In 2001, nearly 16 million Americans could not afford the homes that they were living in, but by 2015 that number had more than doubled.
- A study of millennials in 22 major industrialized nations conducted by the Educational Testing Service found that only two countries were worse than the U.S. when it came to literacy proficiency, and the U.S. was dead last in math.
- In the early 1970s, 70% of all men in the United States from the age of 20 to the age of 39 were married, but today that number has fallen to just 35%. Instead of getting married and starting families, many young men are still living at home with their parents. Today, 35% of all young men from the age of 21 to the age of 30 “are living at home with their parents or a close relative.”
- The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire planet. But we actually have an even bigger problem with legal drugs. According to a study conducted by the Mayo Clinic, nearly 70% of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and an astounding 20% of all Americans are on at least five prescription drugs.
- According to the CDC, 110 million Americans currently have a sexually transmitted disease, and there are approximately 20 million new STD cases in the United States every single year.
- Today, there are more than four million adult websites on the Internet, and they get more traffic than Netflix, Amazon and Twitter combined. Addiction to these websites has become a major national crisis, and yet very little is being done. One major survey found that 64% of all Christian men in America view “adult material” at least once a month, and a different major survey found that 68% of all Christian men in America view “adult material” on a “regular basis.”
- In 2007, 54% of all Americans were opposed to gay marriage and only 37% wanted it to be legalized. Today, 62% of all Americans support gay marriage and only 32% are still against it.
- Since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973, nearly 60 million American children have been murdered in America’s abortion mills. Sadly, the number of children aborted each day in this country is roughly equal to the number of Americans who lost their lives on 9/
Cahn concludes, “We are in a critical time in America. God in His mercy has afforded us a time of reprieve to turn and repent for our land to be spared from destruction. If we miss it – it will be to our peril.”
Jonathan Cahn is well known around the world as author of “The Harbinger II: The Return,” one of this year’s top bestsellers and a major book publishing success. He’s known for many other successes as well, including “The Harbinger,” which first launched him to prominence. With the way forward for America remaining chaotic and unclear as of now, given new revelations of voter fraud in the November elections, Cahn has a dramatic message: He believes many more “shakings” are in store for the country no matter who is ultimately sworn in as president. In “The Harbinger II: The Return,” Cahn shares prophetic, biblical explanations for all of America’s “shakings.”
Jonathan Cahn’s first book, “The Harbinger,” became an instant New York Times bestseller when it was published in 2012 and brought him national and international acclaim. His next four books were also New York Times bestsellers: “The Mystery of the Shemitah,” “The Book of Mysteries,” “The Paradigm,” and “The Oracle.” Along with Billy Graham and Keith Greene, Cahn was named one of the top 40 spiritual leaders of the past 40 years who has radically impacted the world.
Called the prophetic voice of this generation, Cahn has spoken on Capitol Hill, at the United Nations, and to millions around the world. Cahn is known for opening the deep mysteries of Scripture and bringing forth messages of prophetic import. He leads Hope of the World ministry, an international outreach of teaching, evangelism, and compassion projects for the world’s neediest. He also leads the Jerusalem Center/Beth Israel, a worship center made up of Jews and Gentiles, and people of all backgrounds, outside New York City in Wayne, New Jersey. His ministry can be contacted at HopeoftheWorld.org and on Jonathan Cahn Facebook.
For more information about “The Harbinger II,” visit TheHarbingerReturns.com. “The Harbinger II: The Return” is published by Frontline, an imprint of Charisma House.
To interview Jonathan Cahn or to receive review copies of “The Harbinger II,” contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.