Jonathan Cahn’s worldwide best-selling 2017 book “The Paradigm” opens a stunning mystery that began in ancient times and yet has determined the events of our time.
And even though it’s been three years since the book’s debut, “The Paradigm: The Ancient Blueprint That Holds the Mystery of Our Times” is making a resurgence, due to part to the overwhelming success of Cahn’s 2019 book, “The Oracle: The Jubilean Mysteries Unveiled.”
In “The Paradigm,” Cahn writes that the 2016 presidential race between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was the most unpredictable election in American history, yet signs pointed to it in an ancient paradigm. For instance:
- A man named Jehu, who was neither a predictable man nor a politician, boarded a chariot and began a race to the throne. Similarly, Trump was also not a politician and is known for being unpredictable. Like Jehu, he began an unlikely race to the throne of America.
- Jehu’s race to the throne ended up in a showdown between him and the nation’s former first lady, Jezebel. Likewise, Trump’s race to the White House ended up in a showdown between him and the nation’s former first lady—Hillary Clinton.
- Jehu was previously on the wrong side of the culture war. He was an advocate for Ahab and Jezebel, and thus for Baal worship, which involved the killing of children. So too it was with Trump, who was previously on the other side of the culture war. Specifically, he was in favor of abortion.
- Jehu turned from Baal to the purposes of God. Trump also turned from unbiblical positions to those increasingly in line with biblical standards on everything from the life of the unborn, to Israel, to religious liberty.
- During his race to the throne, Jehu brought up the scandal of Ahab—the king who would form the prototype of Bill Clinton in Cahn’s “The Paradigm.” Likewise, in his presidential campaign, Trump referenced Bill Clinton’s scandal.
- When the showdown came to a head between the warrior and the former first lady, it boiled down to one issue: pagan morality—Baal worship—and the offering up of children. Likewise, when the showdown of the 2016 presidential election came to a head, it ultimately came down to one defining issue: the offering up of children in abortion. Hillary Clinton was passionately in favor of it, and Trump was strongly opposed. The issue came to stark revelation in the final debate that unfolded before the nation.
- Leading into the 2016 election, most major polls predicted Clinton would utterly defeat Trump. But as Cahn writes in “The Paradigm,” the ancient mystery revealed a very different outcome—that when the warrior Jehu came head to head with Jezebel, it would not be the former first lady who would emerge triumphant—it would be the warrior.
“Who emerged triumphant?” Cahn asks. “Trump. His win was against all odds, yet at the same time, it was foretold in the paradigm. Can God use those who do not know Him to accomplish His purposes? He can, and He does it all the time.”